Sr. Manager, Retail Sales & Operations
Irvine, CA /
Commercial – Retail /
We are looking for a seasoned retail leader who desires the challenge and excitement of building something from the ground up. You will help build Rivian’s sales philosophy and best practices, ensuring that the retail customer experience is best-in-class: authentic, engaging, educational and aligned with Rivian’s core values. You will develop and take ownership of our retail operating principles and playbook, developing processes and systems focused on driving customer satisfaction and conversion across the retail footprint.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Build the operational framework, best practices, resources and tools necessary to deliver the best experience possible to our customers, support retail growth, optimize for scalability and achieve future goals
- Build and enhance the processes that enable retail associates to seamlessly move a customer through the ownership funnel, with the help of the digital commerce platform and CRM tools
- Develop and own the Retail Playbook
- Export Rivian’s culture and values to our retail locations and ensure they are reflected in our operations, across all managers and associates
- Collect, organize and analyze data in order to create impactful reports that highlight our retail KPI’s, measures of success and inform the business
- Partner with Learning and Development to create a scalable onboarding and training plan for new store associates, providing a roadmap to outstanding customer service, product demos, and engagement, in line with our Brand vision
- Implement and manage the staffing model & strategy, including scheduling and optimizing for demand / traffic, in order to maximize efficiency and deliver a best in class guest experience
- Act as the Retail operations systems liaison/UI expert. Implement, rollout, and work with our IT partners, Product partners and system providers for all store level technologies.
- Manage and maintain compliance with all local, state and federal regulations as well as Rivian company policies and procedures
- Partner with EHS, HR, Facilities, Policy and Legal teams to develop policies, procedures and training methods for all retail locations
- Collaborate on the development and execution of our visual merchandising and retail presentation standards
- Develop and institute retail’s loss prevention program
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 8+ years in retail operations and sales planning and operations and/or experiential/brand marketing, or similar fields, preferably in a direct to consumer business model
- Deep curiosity for next generation retail formats and consumer experiences
- An obsessive approach to elevating the customer experience and commitment to taking every opportunity to over-deliver when it comes to delighting and interacting with our community
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset and apply a scrappy and resourceful approach to everything you do. Solve problems and overcome challenges with creativity and ingenuity.
- Extensive experience with POS & CRM
- Experience creating scalable retail best practices and playbooks. Proven ability to drive process improvements across all areas managed.
- Ability to analyze data and report out findings that are actionable by both business and technical teams
- Ability to collaborate, interact and influence cross-functionally and with leadership. Build relationships through listening, integrity, and trust.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, solicit cooperation, and achieve results through collaboration while managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. Outstanding verbal and written communication.
- Ability and willingness travel up to 25% of time
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
- Department: Retail
- Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.