Power Electronics System Engineer
Carson, CA /
Propulsion – Electric Power Conversion /
This is what you’ll do:
· Develop and document requirements for Electric Vehicle Traction Inverter products using Rivian’s requirement management tool.
· Ensure requirement traceability from the sub-component level up to the vehicle level functional requirements.
· Serve as the interface between the Inverter Development team and the Vehicle System team to ensure a successful integration effort.
· Lead DFMEA efforts with the development team using Rivian’s standard FMEA software tool.
· Lead Hazard Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis and Functional Safety efforts focused on the Inverter in its intended application.
· Develop and document Functional Safety work products compliant with ISO 26262 standard guidelines.
· Develop a comprehensive Design Verification plan which employs test methods at various levels (SIL, HIL, Inverter, Drive Unit and Vehicle).
· Assist in troubleshooting issues found during Inverter and Vehicle Validation testing.
This is what you’ll need:
· B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience with electric propulsion systems.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience developing requirements for safety critical systems.
· Experience using requirement management tools such as DOORS or Jama.
· Understanding of the country-specific regulatory requirements applicable to traction Inverters and electric propulsion systems.
· Understanding of industry guidelines for high voltage automotive power electronics (ISO, IEC).
· Experience leading DFMEAs and experience using DFMEA software tools (such as IQRM or Plato).
· Experience applying Functional Safety processes and standards to safety critical automotive systems (ISO 26262).
· Experience or understanding of hardware and software validation testing at various levels (SIL, HIL, Inverter, Drive Unit and Vehicle).
· Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
· Good team player with great communication skills.
· Self-motivated: Demonstrated ability to set direction and guide the team towards it.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Electric Power Conversion
Location: Carson, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.