Senior Thermal Engineer, Stationary Storage ESS
Irvine, CA /
Propulsion – Stationary Storage /
This is what you’ll do:
· Work on battery rack temperature management concepts
· Design and specify stationary battery energy storage system fire suppression and cooling at the system level
· Ensure components meet all functional requirements and applicable design standards
· Develop test plans to correlate simulation models with real world applications
· Develop thermal management component specifications and work with suppliers
· Maintain and release BOMs in the company wide PLM system
· Participate in DFMEAs, test plan creation and risk assessments
· Implement DFM feedback from manufacturing teams
· Support manufacturing, internal and contract, for prototype and production builds
This is what you’ll need:
· Strong proficiency in 1D analysis
· Experience with cooling equipment selection, sizing and specification
· Experience with hose routing and design
· Battery or electronics cooling selection/sizing experience
· Requirements definition and supplier management experience
· Experience authoring DFMEAs and DVPs
· CATIA V6 experience is a plus
· Heatsink and coldplate design experience is a plus
· Experience with stationary storage or electric vehicle cooling systems is desired
· 10+ years industry experience or 5+ years with a graduate mechanical engineering degree
· At least a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics or other relevant discipline
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.