Software Engineer, Core Services
Palo Alto, CA /
Software Engineering, Digital Commerce – Digital Commerce /
Rivian’s Digital Commerce Team is responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the digital experience outside the vehicle (e.g. vehicle configurator, payment gateway, vehicle delivery management, service scheduling) across web, mobile app and in-store. To that end, we are developing a world-class commerce platform that will make learning about and purchasing electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless and fun. We are seeking Backend Software Engineers for the core services of the digital commerce platform. You will be responsible for building out the core services that power all of Rivian’s digital commerce experiences using the latest technologies including serverless microservices.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Partner closely with Product and partner engineering teams to provide solutions and recommendations – ability to drive ambiguity out of requirements and articulate the broadly applicable solutions
• Design, extend and review software architecture – be hands on and involved with every stage of the product development life cycle
• Build high quality, testable, and scalable backend systems including RESTful APIs, batch jobs, and system integration
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
• 2+ years of relevant industry experience, preferably building large scale enterprise grade systems
• Experience building distributed systems
• Comfortable navigating trade-offs to bring the right data structure and algorithms to the problem
• Dedicated to unit, integration, and functional testing
• Experience developing RESTful API’s with the care that they deserve
• Experience and familiarity with cloud native architecture, development, and deployment practices
• Strong computer science foundation including data structures, algorithms and design patterns with a proven track record of software design
• Experience building e-commerce, payments, or scheduling systems is a plus
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Digital Commerce
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.