Sr. Mobile Service Manager, Service Operations
Palo Alto, CA /
Service Operations – Service /
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Define and drive key initiatives and reporting to support Service Operations strategy, growth, and transformation. Responsibilities include:
- Strategically build a Mobile Service program that can be scaled to match the needs of the business while providing an unmatched and excellent customer experience
- Hire, train, and ensure proper support and growth for a team to support and build out the Mobile Service program
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team environment to drive initiatives and numerous priorities while meeting team objectives and deadlines
- Ensure multiple projects are on schedule from start to finish, delegating tasks, initiating communication, and seeing that project stakeholders are informed and prepared in the field
- Work with the training team to create necessary training and infrastructure for service field teams
- Drive process improvements for end-to-end operations such as scheduling, repair management, payment, and parts management
- Identify opportunities for added program efficiencies and execute on solutions
- Collaborate with Systems teams to ensure all developing Products align with overall Service strategy, oversee development and implementation
- Determine metrics to be used as Key Performance Indicators while aligning on targets and plan for achieving these targets
- Provide project updates to stakeholders and Executive team ensuring program timelines, goals, and updates are communicated clearly and that Mobile Service priorities align with those of the business and company
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and exercise sound business judgment
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Operations or related field preferred
- Minimum 5+ years of related business experience in Business Management, Operations or related field, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility with emphasis on Service operations
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, advanced business acumen mindset
- Proven experience setting strategic vision, planning, budgeting, and forecasting
- Strong communicator, with ability to partner at the most senior levels of the finance organization and experience presenting and build relationships with internal stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills reflecting prioritization with a sense of urgency
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries
- Effective communication and strategic thinking skills required
- Strong project management, planning, and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Continuous improvement attitude; ability to suggest and implement best practices
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Automotive experience is a huge plus
- Start-up experience is a huge plus
- MS Access / SQL skills are a huge plus
- Extremely detail oriented
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Service Operations
Location: Palo Alto, CA
We Are Rivian
- Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
- We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
- Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
- Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
- Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.