Senior Manager, Accessories Business General Manager
Irvine, CA /
Digital Commerce – Merchandise /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
You will be responsible for commercial go-to-market strategy for Rivian’s Vehicle Accessories business, including accessories such as the Gear Tunnel Camp Kitchen and Rooftop Tent. The analysis, processes and tools required to stand up these activities should be implemented and matured on a timeframe supporting SOP by mid-2021.
Key responsibilities include:
· Product financials: determine product pricing and recommended cost targets based on desired product positioning, competitive landscape, and benchmarking
· Business assessment: lead product business case analysis and provide business assessment for proposed new products, including make vs. buy evaluations
· Portfolio management: recommend data-driven product portfolio changes or channel/mix adjustments
· Financial targets: lead cross-functional teams to achieve portfolio financial targets
· Cross-functional team collaboration: engage and partner with teams on development of inventory, supply chain, accessory distribution, supplier management, and consumer research
Key functional partners to collaborate with include Engineering, Program Management, Brand, Industrial Design, Procurement and Service, Commercial Finance, and Corporate Strategy.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· 7 years of product management, brand management or general management experience with increasing scope and responsibility including pricing and overall financial management
· 3+ years of leadership experience including experience building and overseeing cross-functional teams to implement complex initiatives
· MBA or equivalent experience
· Strategic thinker; ability to make data-driven decisions with a bias towards action
· Robust quantitative skills and proficiency with analytical tools
· Ability to work effectively with people cross-functionally, at all levels in an organization
· Senior presence and executive communication
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Location: Irvine, California
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.