Controls Engineer - ESS & Propulsion
Normal, IL /
Operations – Manufacturing Battery Shop /
This is what you’ll do:
· Commission, maintain and continuously improve complex manufacturing control systems comprised of current Rockwell hardware and software technologies, Kawasaki robots and multiple integrated safety systems.
· Develop and support FactoryTalk View SE SCADA and MES applications.
· Commission VFDs, servo amplifiers, RFID readers, barcode markers and readers.
· Commission and troubleshoot Atlas Copco torque tools including both Power Mac and Focus variants.
· Evaluate, update and create electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic schematics, process and instrumentation diagrams.
· Assist maintenance and operations in preventing/limiting unplanned downtime and implementing process improvements.
This is what you’ll need:
· Advanced understanding of and experience with ControlLogix programmable logic controllers (firmware version 28-32) mandatory.
· Proficiency with Factory Talk View Studio ME & SE mandatory.
· Experience with large scale distributed control Ethernet/IP networks mandatory.
· Experience implementing, commissioning and troubleshooting PowerFlex (525, 527 and 755) VFD’s mandatory.
· Experience in reading and drafting electrical schematics mandatory.
· Experience in PID control loop tuning desired.
· Ability to program and troubleshoot automation controllers in all IEC 61131-3 designated languages desired.
· BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science/Engineering with 2+ years of experience in high speed manufacturing automation.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Manufacturing - Battery Shop
Location: Normal IL
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.