Construction Planner, Facilities
Irvine, CA /
Facilities – Facilities /
This is what you’ll do:
· Collaborate with project teams to ensure all projects have a Rivian schedule once it has been kicked off
· Assist Construction Managers in project schedule development and maintenance, as needed
· Assist project teams to ensure program changes or issues are adequately documented
· Work with Construction Manager and other stakeholders for specific scheduling needs and profile critical timelines to ensure project schedules show appropriate detail based upon job site requirements
· Develop contingency options with the team to accelerate schedule
· Facilitate and lead Pull Planning exercises with various project stakeholders
· Evaluate project schedule progress / performance and identify developing problem areas
· Develop and update weekly short interval schedule working with superintendents and field engineers
· Assist project team to develop and maintain periodic status reports to keep management informed on project progress
This is what you’ll need:
· A minimum of 5 years experience as a Project Scheduler or equivalent
· Knowledge of contract types including lump sum, GMP, hard bid, design build and negotiated
· Thorough knowledge of building systems, construction techniques, practices, and components
· Advanced computer skills with the ability to use MS Office with proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
· Extensive experience using Oracle P6 software required. Understanding of cost/resource functions a plus
· Ability to train others on P6 fundamentals
· You are highly analytical, versatile, extremely organized, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Ability to support and provide ‘customer service mentality’ for multiple internal stakeholders effectively
· Written and oral communication skills to support decisions and recommendations
· Ability to work with construction contractors, vendors, and consultants the ‘Rivian way’, providing professional influence on the work exemplifying respect, leadership, commitment, vision and teamwork.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Facilities - Construction
Location: Southern California (Carson or Irvine)
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.