Director, Product Launch and Sustainment
Irvine, CA /
IT and Technology – Electrical Hardware /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Lead a team of engineers and field resources to launch Electronic modules and harnesses to volume production with our contract manufacturing and vehicle assembly lines.
· Be responsible for safe launch, ramp up, and maintaining mass production run rates at all sites.
· Review tooling, processes,
· Work with contract manufacturers and SQA to complete PFMEAs, PPAP signoff, and quality inspections.
· Work with our SQA team to run audits and inspections.
· Be the first line of defense for any manufacturing or quality issues.
· Work with the CMs to make product improvements and cost reductions.
· Perform tooling reviews
· Manage and develop the performance and overall deliverables of your direct reports
· Develop and inspire engineers to perform at their peak.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· 6+ years Managing a High Performance team of manufacturing engineers in multiple disciplines
· 10+ years of successfully launching products from initial production to mass volume production.
· Strong understanding of the complete manufacturing process for mechanical components, pcbas, module assembly, and harnesses.
· Deep understanding of the PV for automotive qualification
· Solid understanding of quality processes for manufacturing (ISO9001, 14001, IATF, USCAR, Rivian PPAP)
· Proven ability to influence, stimulate, and energize manufacturers.
· Demonstrated ability to root cause issues through Practical problem solving.
· Superior communication skills
· Spanish/English/Chinese spoken languages a plus.
· Solid track record of launching products to volume production
· Ability to travel as needed to multiple sites, internationally and domestic. 30%+
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Hardware Systems Engineering
Location: Irvine, CA or San Jose/Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.