Sr. Service Engineer (Low Voltage & Advanced Driver Assistance Systems)
Palo Alto, CA /
Service Operations – Service /
This is what you’ll do:
· Oversee all aspects of Serviceability Requirements for Low Voltage Electrical & ADAS
· Establish best practices and standards of work for Serviceability of Design and drive those requirements into the vehicle development process
· Determine, track, and deliver key Serviceability metrics through multiple product launches and continuous improvement through the vehicle lifecycle as part of the Rivian Way
· Develop Service Strategy for Low Voltage Electrical & ADAS components & sub-assemblies
· Release all related production part assemblies into serviceable sub-systems for an efficient and effective service part strategy
· Collaborate with Purchasing to ensure Production Suppliers provide the appropriate amount of service parts based on service part release strategy
· Coordinate the return of key parts replaced in the field so the failure mode can be root caused and a fix implemented in production
· Train, coach and develop employees to exceed our customer’s expectations as you develop a culture of Serviceability within Engineering & Design
· Identify, define, promote emerging product and service issues to appropriate channels and into a closed loop system for problem resolution
· Develop diagnostic and service procedures for technicians to successfully repair Rivian vehicles
· Ensure that engineering field action repair recommendations can be correctly and repeatedly performed by service technicians
· Identify and develop diagnostic service tool to properly diagnose and repair vehicles
· Drive Prediction, Prevention, and Protection culture in everything we do
This is what you’ll need:
· 7+ years’ experience with demonstrated leadership in Service, Aftersales & Engineering
· Demonstrated leadership in driving service requirements in a complex environment
· Ability to manage multiple projects across varying geographic locations simultaneously
· Willingness to work in a strong cross functional environment
· Proven technical knowledge and ability to collaborate with engineering, manufacturing, Quality and suppliers
· Experience working in a manufacturing / production environment
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Service Engineering
Location: Palo Alto, CA
We Are Rivian
· Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
· We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
· Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
· Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
· Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.