Human Resources Business Partner, Product Development
Irvine, CA /
Human Resources – Human Resources /
We are looking for a Business Partner to provide strategic HR partnership across the product development teams. Rivian Product Development encompasses diverse subject matter domains with a functional and matrixed organizational structure consisting of ~900 employees and 41 Director/Sr Director/VP leadership roles. The Business Partner will be assigned specific groups within Product Development to collaborate closely with business leadership and teams to ensure the implementation of full life-cycle HR and leadership programs in support of organizational effectiveness.
This is What You'll Do:
Responsible & Accountable for…
· Deep understanding of clients' strategy, goals and vision
· Workforce Planning, Org design, structure and change
· Talent Assessment
· Employee relations - consultation, coaching, performance
· Coaching and feedback
· Leadership Development (assessments, development plans, succession planning)
· Analytics/Survey Results at functional Level
· Annual Comp & Promo: Alignment with the business
· Offboarding: Exit Interviews (voluntary)
· Performance management initiation (including improvement & development plans)
· Executive onboarding and integration
· Org hiring support
· Functional talent strategy (attrition, retention, M&A analysis)
Consulted & Informed on…
· Annual Comp & Promo: Program design, training design & development, Reporting & Analysis
· Operational reporting delivery and management
· Employee relations - investigations, inquiries, terminations for cause, separations, policy counsel
· Identification of internal people movement across orgs
· Continuous process improvement (including automation)
· Executive coaching program
· Partner with business leaders to determine the right organizational structure, skills and capabilities required to deliver against the strategy.
· Develop organization specific people plan and roadmap to ensure the right people are in the right roles and the right locations at the right time
· Partner with Leaders to set the tone and culture required to create an environment where employees can do their best work
· Partner with Centers of Excellence to ensure talent is delivered to the needs of the function, team members are onboarded, developed and rewarded effectively
· Advise, mentor and guide leaders
· Partner with People Team to ensure all complex inquiries are resolved appropriately
This is What You'll Need:
· 10 years of Business Partner and/or HR Leadership experience with 3+ years continuous support of senior level engineering leadership
· BS Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or Communication; Master’s degree preferred
Skills and experience…
· Demonstrated courage speaking to leadership blind spots and presenting alternate/opposing views & ideas
· Strong background in organizational design, employee/labor relations and workforce planning
· Ability to earn trust of leaders and employees from diverse backgrounds, across all levels
· Impeccable judgment and ability to balance the needs of the company, managers and employees
· Passionate about culture and creating employee experiences that inspire trust and commitment
· Experienced in facilitating change management within a rapid and complex work environment
· A strong coach and mentor who gets personal fulfillment by contributing to the success of others
· Ability to bring an optimism, energy and solution-oriented approach
· Accustomed to rolling up your sleeves to do whatever needs to be done
· Looks for opportunities to innovate and break convention
· Exceptional communicator (written and verbal) with clear, concise, and courageous style
· Trusted advisor known for business judgment and strong business acumen
· Experience in rapidly building and scaling teams
· Unquestioned, unwavering integrity
We Are Rivian
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2021.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at our heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.