IT Network Administrator
Palo Alto, CA /
IT and Technology – IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications /
This is what you’ll do:
· Responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, installing, and supporting network hardware and software across all 5 Rivian locations
· Manage network security with knowledge of: FortiGate, dell switches, ubiquiti, access points
· Being capable of troubleshooting, analyzing and diagnosing issues as needed
· Collaborate with remote IT team members to build and maintain positive, productive team relationships
· Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions involved in downstream technical processes
· Day to day tasks include
o Monitoring of Network Infrastructure including Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Wireless Access Points
o Troubleshooting End User issues with network connectivity
o Design and installation of new network equipment as required
o Design and Troubleshooting of corporate VPN solutions for site to site VPN connectivity and end user connectivity
o Working with Cloud Engineering to develop network connection strategies for cloud connections to AWS/Azure/GCP
This is what you’ll need:
· At least 5 years (or relative) in a Systems or Desktop support role, where you learned the nuances of IT Administration
· Bachelor’s is preferred for this position
· Experience with: LAN/WAN, Firewalls, Dell Switches, Access Points, Cisco (Preferred)
· Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
· Tech Savvy – Ability and passion for learning new technology and tools
· Passion for Customer Support – A drive to help end users get what they need to do their jobs the best they can. A sense of satisfaction from helping end users get what they need in a timely manner
· Prioritization Skills – The ability to analyze support requests, and prioritize them based on impact
· Discipline – The discipline to actively manage help desk tickets and internal IT tasks, without getting distracted by email, chat or other adhoc communication
· A Teacher – Able to teach end users about IT technologies or solutions to their issues in an easy to understand way
· Self-Starter – The ability to actively look for effective tasks to complete in times of low tickets
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Irvine, CA or Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.