Sr. Motor Design Release Engineer
Carson, CA /
Propulsion – Electric Power Conversion /
This is what you’ll do:
· Lead motor component related requirements reviews with the motor supplier.
· Lead design reviews with the motor supplier.
· Identify and resolve requirement deviations internally and with the motor supplier.
· Support the motor components’ release and change management process according to Rivian’s CAD/PLM/SAP processes.
· Participate in, support and document motor related DFMEA activity utilizing Rivain’s DFMEA processes and tools.
· Lead and/or support motor DVP&R activities at supplier and across Rivian organization.
· Lead resolution of electric motor related issues by following Rivian’s established process.
· Work with internal SQE and motor supplier to establish and execute control plan for motors.
· Work with internal resources to establish production plan for service of the motor in conjunction with drive unit assembly service strategy.
· Work with purchasing and program management to negotiate warranty terms.
· Ensure deliveries of motors are on time, to proper maturity, and to production quality standards.
This is what you’ll need:
· BSME degree with 5+ years of experience related to electric motor for EV, PHEV, HEV. Master’s degree or higher is preferred.
· Experience in Electric drivetrain or E-Axle system.
· Experience in DFMEA and DVP&R.
· Knowledge of relevant motor manufacturing and assembly processes for both low & high-volume production.
· Familiarity with electric motor dynamometer testing and electrical measurements.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Electric Power Conversion
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.