Weight Management Engineer
Irvine, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Attributes and Performance /
This is what you’ll do:
· Review and refine mass targets for vehicle and subsystems
· KPI reporting of weight status against commodity and system through generation of automated vehicle mass, CoG and Inertia reports from ENOVIA / CATIA
· Manage weight distribution targets for towing with a focus on axle limits and vehicle stability
· Tracking homologated weight targets globally
· Assist in the management of mass budgets and mass reduction efforts through tracking of risk and mitigation plans
· Organize and review benchmark vehicle mass studies, using them to drive new targets
· Define attribute delivery plan, VR deliverables and report on mass status at weekly project / attribute meetings
· Working with plant to measure parts and assemblies to validate mass, CoG and inertia
This is what you’ll need:
· 4+ years’ experience in Engineering Industry
· 1+ years’ experience in mass reporting preferred
· Basic CATIA skills to be able to load end export component and assembly masses
· Experience with Excel Pivot Tables preferred
· Experience in benchmarking at both a vehicle and subsystem/component level to assist with target setting
· Relevant knowledge / experience in Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Engineering is preferred
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Vehicle Performance and Attributes
Location: Irvine, CA; Plymouth, MI
At Rivian, we’re reimagining what mobility can be. Beyond redesigning the automobile, we’re rethinking the entire ecosystem. From excitement to sustainability, utility to comfort, we’re working to deliver joyful mobility experiences without the pain points of today.
Our diverse team shares an innate curiosity for the world, a willingness to see things differently, and a passion for getting things done. We never stand still in our pursuit of progress, and we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to accelerate our vision toward future mobility.
Rivian has development centers in Detroit and San Francisco, as well as a production facility in Normal, Illinois, where our manufacturing operations will be based. The development of our first set of products is well underway, with the alpha prototypes complete and testing in process.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.