Normal, IL /
Human Resources – Human Resources /
This is what you’ll do:
People Partners - a division of Rivian's People team — strive to provide a consistent, memorable People Experience for all Rivian employees through onsite HR support, leadership, mentorship, guidance and connection within our organization.
· Assist in developing and executing personnel procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for business operations and employees
· Participate in development of HR objectives and systems, including metrics, queries, and standard reports for ongoing company requirements.
· Assist with the preparation of the performance review process.
· Suggest new procedures and policies to continually improve efficiency and effectiveness of the HR department and organization, and to improve employee experience.
· Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
· Supports smooth new hire onboarding process, coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional On-boarding experience.
· Maintain impeccable customer service with all candidates (internal referral, externa
· Responds to employee inquiries regarding recruiting, benefits, payroll, recruiting, compensation, and all other HR disciplines. Partners with HR subject matter experts to effectively answer and resolve all complex inquiries
· Supports the administration of leaves of absence, FMLA/STD/LTD, Workers Compensation to include documentation, reporting to third party, pay and communication to employee/manager
· Respond to employee inquiries regarding recruiting, benefits, payroll, recruiting, compensation, and all other HR disciplines.
· Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
· Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, Off-Boarding and investigations.
· Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
· Partner with HR subject matter experts to effectively answer and resolve all complex inquiries
· Performs other duties as assigned
This is what you’ll need:
· Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
· 7+ years of HR experience with at least 5 years in a leadership capacity with exposure to different functional areas of the industry
· SHRM-CP/PHR/SPHR is a plus.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
· Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
· Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Human Resources
Location: Normal, IL.
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.