UltraSonic Embedded Software Engineer, Self-Driving
Palo Alto, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Self-Driving /
This is what you’ll do:
· Design, develop and deploy embedded software for Ultrasonic ECU platform and application system for Rivian Automotive’s Self-Driving products
· Provide solutions and software deliverables to support hardware bring-up, verification for automotive products
· Develop multi-threaded systems as well as embedded platform development on Real-Time OS
· Develop Socket applications making using of networking protocols such as TCP, UDP, IP, DHCP, and HTTP
· Assist in software-design and code reviews while assisting other developers on technical issues, design choices and decision making
· Design and implement software in an embedded environment
· Analysis of requirements, the architecture, design, development, code review, quality assurance and deployment of entire software engineering life cycle
· Work closely with other development and cross-functional team members such as Connected Car, Infotainment, Common Software, and Powertrain teams
This is what you’ll need:
· B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
· Strong C/C++ programming skills
· Experience with Ultrasonic Sensors, LIN (Local Interconnection Network) protocol
· Real Time Operating Systems (for example SafeRTOS, QNX)
· Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
· Good team player with great communication skills
· Passionately motivated to take ideas from R&D phase to a product
· Embedded software development and optimization
· Experience in automotive applications
· Multi-threaded and multi-core programming
· Software development for systems with live sensor inputs
· Software development on microcontrollers
· Scripting languages (for example PERL, Python)
· Software security
· Experience with CAN, Ethernet
· Software Development life cycle experience, from requirements gathering through to implementation and maintenance.
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.