Technical Program Manager, Controls & Factory Software
Palo Alto, CA /
Manufacturing Engineering – Manufacturing Engineering /
About the Role
The Controls & Factory Software is responsible for the development of the industrial controls and manufacturing execution software (MES) that drives Rivian’s factories. As one of our Technical Program Managers, you will lead the development and deployment of these capabilities from concept through startup for a specific portion of the factory. Depending on your background and interest, you could lead projects across the factory including Battery, Drive Unit, Stamping, Body-Weld, Paint, Plastics, General Assembly, and more.
What You Will Do
- Lead a cross-functional team comprised of manufacturing engineering, controls engineering, factory software, and operations to develop and deploy a combined suite of enterprise software and industrial controls.
- Manage system development, schedule, and cost in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Build comprehensive system specifications, taking input from other Engineering teams and Operations.
- Collaborate within the Controls & Factory Software team to create and drive a single development roadmap to support the entire factory.
- Collaborate with team leaders to prioritize, resource, and track progress of team projects.
- Work with the rest of the Technical Program Management team to develop the Manufacturing Engineering team’s equipment development and validation processes.
What We Are Looking For
- 3-5 years designing and deploying industrial automated equipment OR enterprise software.
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering discipline, preferably Electrical, Software, or Mechatronics.
- Appreciation for the art of managing evolving project requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using a standard product development process. Experience with Scrum a plus.
- Experience managing vendors, contractors, and other 3rd party resources.
- Highly collaborative mindset and strong communication skills
Where You Will Work
Department: Manufacturing Engineering
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Travel as required to other Rivian engineering and production centers
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.