Head of Security Operations
Irvine, CA /
IT and Technology – IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications /
This is what you’ll do:
· Responsible for overseeing the overall operations of Rivian’s security program
· Tactical oversight covering all elements of cyber-security ops; Including the day-to-day operations, maintenance and monitoring of the company’s networked environments
· You will ensure that Rivian’s cyber security strategy is enforced by ensuring that proper scoping of requirements, system design, production implementation, incident response and adherence to any of the security requirements
· This role will manage staff and managers working to identify and safeguard the organization from intrusion, security threats, security weaknesses, software bugs and exploits
· Build relationships
This is what you’ll need:
· 10+ years of cyber security experience, 5+ years team management experience.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft E5 and Cisco technologies, network topologies and protocols, firewalls, routers, databases, operating systems, application security including Web and security technologies
· Working knowledge of system logging and monitoring
· Working knowledge of anti-malware, vulnerability management, intrusion detection/ prevention systems, end point security and access management
· In depth management capabilities in the following areas:
o Threat and Vulnerability Management
o Application Scanning and Remediation
o Security Tools Management
o Antivirus and Malware Detection
o Host Protection
o Network Monitoring
o Data Loss Prevention
o Email Security
o Identity Access Management
· Experience managing, working along, supporting, and improving the work with a managed security service provider with threat detection and response
· Experience securing AWS environments
· This role is expected to have an equally wide range of security knowledge and hands-on skills, and more importantly, the ability to find and process new information in a logical way while deriving accurate investigation conclusions across many technical domains.
· Participate and manage incident response, threat modeling, and threat hunting activities.
· experience with creating operational playbooks and automating them via security orchestration
· Investigate and document security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
· Help expand defense-in-depth security for the organization to protect critical IT assets and data from internal and external threats.
· Assist in the development, execution, and enforcement of security processes, policies, and procedures
· Monitor computer networks for security issues.
· Work with engineering teams to fix the vulnerabilities in their respected areas.
· Develop company-wide best practices for security.
· Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
· Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
· Mentor and grow the security operations team.
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, Python is preferred.
· Self-Starter and Driven to Win
· Problem Solving / Critical thinking skills
· Successfully implemented and delivered projects involving a variety of cyber security functions
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Team oriented and skilled in working in a collaborative environment
· Loves what s\he does
- Bachelor's degree in related field is strongly desired
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.