Battery Designer, CAD & PLM
Irvine, CA /
Propulsion – Energy Storage /
This is what you’ll do:
- Perform engineering work related to configuring, deploying, maintaining, and upgrading CAD and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) applications and processes.
- Create and maintain Battery CAD data in CATIA and ENOVIA.
- Responsible for tasks related to development and deployment of systems, methodologies, standards and processes that result in the ability to create and manage high fidelity digital data for Rivian products.
- Ensure PLM system integrity and manages all product configuration data and information throughout the product lifecycle.
- Analyze battery packaging zones for clash, clearance and contact issues and document and coordinate critical issues with the battery design team.
- Define technical contents and guide the development/coordination of training for CAD and PLM Applications.
- Assist in planning, coordination, performance and execution of processes for PLM tools and services that meet internal and external customer and regulatory requirements.
- Execute plans according to schedule for engineering releases.
- Coordinate activities for lower level design staff assigned to specific projects
- Actively work to improve daily processes, to ensure all CAD and PLM systems meet customer requirements
- Actively work to maintain current BOM and all design related attributes as defined by engineering
- Support development and maintenance all assembly drawings and ensures data managed is correctly related
- Responsible for producing Product Structure and Engineering Bill of Material for use in development and production
- Responsible for change management and product configuration management activities
This is what you’ll need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Five years of experience using CATIA, ENOVIA (CATIA V6 preferred)
- Familiarity with computer-aided design, manufacturing and product data management systems.
- Experience with automotive virtual, mule, prototype and production builds
- Basic knowledge of design engineering and manufacturing engineering applications and processes
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.