Senior Engineering Manager (Vehicle Services)
Palo Alto, CA /
Software Engineering, Digital Commerce – Digital Commerce /
Rivian’s Digital Commerce Team is responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the digital experience outside the vehicle (e.g. vehicle configurator, payment gateway, vehicle delivery management, service scheduling) across web, mobile app, and in-store. To that end, we are developing a world-class commerce platform that will make learning about and purchasing electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless and fun.
Rivian is looking for a strong Engineering Manager to join our Services Engineering team. In this role, you will design, guide and build critical business functionality for all Rivian Service experiences. This is a highly cross-functional role with a focus on scalable, cloud native, API driven, serverless microservices.
This is what you’ll do:
· Work with product managers to understand the requirements and architect solutions
· Collaborate with various partner engineering teams to support their needs in a timely manner
· Lead a team of talented engineers to build RESTful microservices and User experience (mobile and web)
· Manage product backlogs and lead the team in SCRUM activities
· Define key metrics and KPIs and implement them to ensure maximum service uptime
This is what you’ll need:
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related engineering field
· Minimum of a combined 10 years of experience as a software engineer and manager
· Minimum of 2 years of experience as an engineering manager
· Must possess strong experience in building cloud native, distributed, high performant and scalable microservices and frontend applications
· Strong system design and architecture skills
· Experience working in a fast paced, agile work environment
· Passionate about fostering a culture of teamwork and collaboration
· Demonstrated ability to innovate and think creatively
· Demonstrated ability to hire and retain top engineering talent
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strategic mindset – able to think far enough into the future while ensuring near term execution and providing glide path into the future vision
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Digital Commerce
Location: Palo Alto
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.