Normal, IL /
Operations – Manufacturing Paint Shop /
This is what you’ll do:
This position is responsible for ensuring that the e-coat process from pre-treatment to wastewater runs efficiently and within designated standards to meet production demands within the appropriate quality parameters and that the integrity of the final product is maintained.
· Maintain the E-coat system to ensure compliance to all Quality Management System and Environmental Management System standards and safety standards
· Conduct preventive maintenance on equipment
· Perform titrations and other measuring and testing
· Use PH meters, Conductivity meters, Gauge Thickness meters, and other measuring devises to check and evaluate the E-coat system
· Document and plot readings and findings in Statistical Process Control charts
· Evaluate control charts and adjust as required
· Communicate (electronically, oral, or written) with the E-coat Leader, other shift operators, and quality control personnel the current conditions of the line
· Trouble shoot mechanical and chemical problems
· Manage the wastewater operation of the E-coat system
· Maintain updated written and electronic records
· Traverse the entire line during routine inspections
· Clean and maintain the work area
· Properly prepare chemical containers for shipment
· Change filters
· Remove product from the line as required
· Operate lift trucks as required
this is what you’ll need:
· Can read and understand Work instructions.
· Can provide training to others as we bring on additional help.
· Understands FIFO principles of stock rotation and shelf life.
· Capable of working with other groups (quality, maintenance, engineering) to achieve the goals of Rivian.
· Capable of lifting 50 pounds.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.