Enterprise Digital Product Designer
Palo Alto, CA /
Design and User Experience – Design and User Experience /
The Rivian Enterprise Software Team is seeking mid and senior-level product designers to join our team in designing intuitive and seamless custom digital enterprise tools. As an Enterprise Digital Product Designer, you will create software that is strategic to the operation of the company that will enable internal users to move with agility, speed, and efficiency across responsive web and
native mobile mediums. From managing manufacturing, operations and interpreting vehicle data, through order and fulfillment workflow, you’ll design tools that will define, humanize, and streamline Rivian.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Design software the will accelerate internal employee efficiency, understanding, and capabilities with products that range across a variety of departments including fleet management, operations management, and more
· Work on mobile native, responsive web, and in-store digital experiences
· Function as a full stack designer, engaging in user-research, interaction design, visual design, experience / product ecosystem design and strategy
· Work closely and serve as a thought partner with Product Management, Engineering, Business, and other Stakeholders to lead the design of employee facing technology solutions that will define our platforms
· Develop strong knowledge of how Rivian’s brand applies to layout, color theory, typography, language and iconography for digital products
· Collaborate with other designers in your team and with other Rivian digital experience teams (User Research, In-Vehicle UX/UI, Mobile UX/UI, Digital Commerce UX/UI, Brand, Communications) to create solutions
· Contribute to the team’s set of best practices, standards, and design guidelines
· Comfortably switch context between multiple projects, including last-minute drills
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· At least 5 years of relevant industry experience in enterprise or B2B product design
· Strong body of work which demonstrates an understanding of design as it applies to web, mobile, and other digital products - online portfolio required for application
· Experience implementing visual design systems across a range of platforms in an iterative product design process
· Familiarity with design pattern standards across responsive web and native mobile
· Great communication skills and a history of teamwork and collaboration
· Proficient with tools like Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc...
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: User Experience
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract. As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.