Senior Software Engineer, Cellular
Palo Alto, CA /
Software Engineering – Software Development /
This is what you'll do:
· Design and develop cellular software stack and algorithms for Rivian’s Telematics system
· Design and Implement state machines for control, data and voice services for interfaces with cellular modem/modules
· Develop object-oriented designs, abstraction layers, middleware and system services for embedded Linux systems
· Define and implement good power, connection and network policy management for handoff and roaming scenarios
· Collaborate with other HW, BSP team, wireless software developers, system architecture and test teams in architecting a scalable software platform
· Ensure good software architecture practices are followed across the team; actively contribute to code and design reviews; perform unit testing to deliver high quality software
This is what you'll need:
· BS or MS in Computer science, Electrical, Computer engineering with 7+ years of software development experience
· Strong C/C++ programming and debugging skills
· Strong first principles thinking along with excellent analytical, debugging and problem solving skills
· 5+ years of experience with modem interfaces, AT commands, good understanding of 3GPP protocols, carrier certifications/PTCRB/GCF
· 3+ years of algorithm development
· Prior experience developing drivers for PCIE, USB, UART, GPIO, or I2C
· Strong understanding of TCP/IP suite, memory management and file systems
Good understanding of ARM processors and toolchains, Linux OS
· Very good understanding of Audio codecs, I2S, PCM and A2B interfaces
· Qualcomm 3G/4G platform knowledge
· Familiar with WiFi, GNSS, Bluetooth
· Prior experience with firmware updates and Device Management
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.