Workplace Operations Manager, Facilities
Irvine, CA /
Facilities – Facilities /
The Workplace Operations Manager will be responsible for managing the onsite team and operations of all Irvine Workplace Facilities reporting to the Sr. Workplace Operations Manager. Rivian Workplaces can include commercial offices and R&D spaces as well.
This is what you'll do:
- Responsible for all facility and building operations for assigned property including maintenance and vendors
- Ensure Facility and Operations team meets KPI metrics for maintenance, tech support, repairs and janitorial
- Manage space planning, moves and forecasting
- Manage emergency repairs and maintenance
- Partner with IT and Security to manage site
- Ensure building is operating with sustainable efforts (waste management, lighting, etc.)
- Partner with the Culinary team to ensure program is meeting employee needs and operating efficiently
- Work on projects with our internal Real Estate, Design and Construction teams
- Manage budget for operational programs and equipment
- Partner with Environmental Health and Safety to ensure safe working conditions
- Manage All Hands Event set-up and other onsite events
- Implement process and procedures for efficient building operations
This is what you'll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in facilities management and workplace services
- Project management experience preferred
- A positive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Outlook and Bluebeam Revu
- A service-oriented personality, self-motivated, confident, energetic, and flexible
- Ability to be flexible and change practices that are not accomplishing needed results
We Are Rivian
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.