Embedded Linux Software Specialist
Carson, CA /
Propulsion – Electric Power Conversion /
This is what you’ll do:
The well qualified candidate will be responsible for the specification, design, implementation and testing of various embedded software components in support of automotive DC fast charging systems. The group you will be working for is the Electric Power Conversion (EPC) team. Project activities will include but not be limited to Linux application/kernel/driver support/design, Hardware in the Loop (HIL) testing, defining/implementing application interfaces, and the design/implementation of concise, modular and testable embedded functions/modules/libraries. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of embedded SW engineering from requirements to validation.
· Design, build and maintain embedded Linux OS components and device drivers for EPC SW applications
· Support algorithm packaging/coding in the support of embedded EPC applications
· Create elegant/efficient software components and interfaces for real time workloads
· Develop software component testing methodologies and implementations to ensure maturity/stability
· Solve real-time signal processing problems
· Work with hardware at a bench and HIL level to guarantee software operation
· Design communication bridges using various protocols such as CAN and Ethernet
· Design with ISO-26262 awareness, compliance and support
· Document requirements, software design and test procedures/results
This is what you’ll need:
· Experience developing for embedded Linux systems using statically and/or dynamically typed programming languages (e.g. C, C++, Python)
· A working knowledge of development with embedded Linux reference boards, prototypes and production boards including a comfort with or eagerness to learn troubleshooting of hardware-software interactions
· Experience/familiarity with or willingness to learn relevant standards such as ISO 15118, HomePlug Green PHY and OCPP (Open Charge Point Protocol)
· A burning desire to create bullet-proof APIs and modular, well architected systems
· Proficiency in version control software processes and techniques (Git)
· Familiarity with how to design software programs for testability
· Strong communication skills: we often need to articulate complex ideas and solutions in ways that many others on the team can understand – effective, kind and proactive communications is expected for collaboration at Rivian
· A college degree in an applicable engineering field, or, demonstration of proficiency in above areas
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Electric Power Conversion
Location: Carson, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.