Sr. Manager, Mechanical Service Engineering
Irvine, CA /
Service Operations – Service /
This is what you’ll do:
· Establish best practices and standards of work for Serviceability of Design and drive those requirements into the vehicle development process
· Develop Service Repair Strategies for the Skateboard, Interior & Accessories
· Release production part assemblies into serviceable sub-systems for an efficient and effective service part strategy
· Collaborate with Purchasing to ensure Production Suppliers provide the appropriate amount of service parts based on service part release strategy
· Coordinate the return of key parts replaced in the field so the failure mode can be root caused and a fix implemented in production
· Train, coach and develop employees to exceed our customer’s expectations as you develop a culture of Serviceability within Engineering & Design
· Identify, define, promote emerging product and service issues to appropriate channels and into a closed loop system for problem resolution
· Support development of diagnostic and service procedures for technicians to successfully repair Rivian vehicles
· Ensure that engineering field action repair recommendations can be correctly and repeatedly performed by service technicians
· Support Dealer Field Action bulletins (safety, compliance, emission, customer satisfaction, service update)
· Identify and develop service tools to properly diagnose and repair vehicles
· Provide input and expertise into the development of technical service training materials
· Lead teams to creative solutions and develop new processes in a compressed timeline.
this is what you’ll need:
· BS in Engineering, Automotive Technology or similar technical degree required
· Master’s degree (Preferred)
· 10+ years’ experience with demonstrated leadership in Service, Aftersales & Engineering Launch experience on a vehicle program
· Demonstrated leadership in driving service requirements in a complex environment
· Ability to manage multiple projects across varying geographic locations simultaneously
· Willingness to work in a strong cross functional environment
· Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners.
· Technical and professional skills in job-related area required.
· Able to work efficiently under high amount of work/stress.
· Specific knowledge of engineering discipline (e.g. mechanics, physics, metallurgy, manufacturing methods, electronics, software, control systems) within job-related area.
· Knowledge of engineering software and systems as it pertains to job-related area.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Service Engineering
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.