Software Functional Safety Manager - Palo Alto
Palo Alto, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Software Integration /
This is what you’ll do:
· Consult with, mentor, and coach software development teams in establishing ISO 26262 compliant procedures and corresponding work products
· Define the software safety plan, safety case, instructions, templates and conduct confirmation review for electronic control modules
· Support and derive hardware software interface
· Develop software functional safety work products to support the software safety case of Rivian vehicle
· Conduct software tool evaluation and qualification activities
· Define the programing and coding guidelines for software development teams
· Specify software functional safety requirements to support the functional safety concept and technical safety concept
· Develop safety analysis including FTA, FMEA, dependent failure analysis, freedom from interference
· Derive the diagnostic and fault management requirements from safety analysis
· Specify SW unit, integration and HW-SW integration test guideline and plan
· Collaborate on Functional Safety with hardware and system development teams, suppliers and other stake holders
· Travel as required, domestically
This is what you’ll need:
· 3+ years of work experience in the automotive industries
· 3+ years designing and/or validating automotive functional safety systems or components
· A thorough knowledge of ISO-26262 and experience in managing all aspect of part 6
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science
· Experience with programming and embedded systems; Well-versed with software development and C programming
· Experience with model-based design; creating control systems & models with Matlab/Simulink
· Experience with automated requirements management tools (e.g. JAMA, Doors, etc.) and issue tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla, etc.)
· Strong communication, multitasking, & inter-personal skills, both in presentation & technical writing
· Self-discipline and self-direction in high energy start-up company
Additional preferred skills:
· Knowledge and experience in Automotive SPICE
· Knowledge and experience with Infineon or NXP automotive processors.
· Knowledge in IEC 61508
This is where you’ll work:
· Department: Platform Software
· Location: Irvine, San Jose, Palo Alto
This Is Who We Are:
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We re-frame old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.