Group Manager, New Model Launch
Normal, IL /
Operations – Procurement Direct /
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
· Lead and mentor a team of New Product Introduction Managers and Specialists in a first principles approach to problem solving
· Support Supply Chain and Operations Teams in driving on-time delivery of prototype parts and engineering/qualification samples
· Drive cross-functional cooperation with engineering, purchasing, program, logistics and production control to ensure sufficient inventory for prototype builds by understanding deliverable schedules and meeting timing needs
· Support purchasing efforts in placing orders for materials as needed to manage inventory
· Ensure review, maintenance and analysis of a wide variety of program data to ensure continuity of supply for pre-Start of Production builds
· Manage short-term projects, ad-hoc requests and various tasks in support of business needs on an as-needed basis
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
· 5+ years of relevant work experience
· Experience in building and leading high performing teams and developing talent into leadership positions.
· Ability to work well with others in a team environment, exhibiting high integrity, good interpersonal skills, and outstanding communication to peers and executives
· Demonstrated ability to identify process issues and drive improvements
· Knowledge of and experience with SAP and other ERPS is a plus
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Operations, Procurement Direct
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.