Engineering Test Technician
Irvine, CA /
IT and Technology – Electrical Hardware /
This is what you’ll do:
· Responsible for assisting engineers in the testing, routine maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment, maintaining lab space to meet safety standard and regulations.
· Execution of functional test scenarios for Electronic Control Unit (ECUs) to test specification.
· Working in and maintaining, electrical, thermal and mechanical labs
· Identify and setup an accurate test environment for device under test.
· Operates special laboratory equipment such as DC Electronic Load, Digital Multimeter, Spectrum Analyzer, CAN bus transceiver.
· PCBA and module level testing, and board level troubleshooting
· Prototype development from engineering schematic/drawings, including electrical assembly and testing
· PCB rework & soldering and general assembly of wire test harnesses and test racks
· Assist in performing baseline analysis testing and assist with report generation
· Execute, record and document test results with clear and concise comments for non-passed test executions
· Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
· Performs other duties as directed.
this is what you’ll need:
· 5+ years of test and build technician experience in a rapid development environment.
· Extensive experience in setting up environmental (thermal, vibration and electrical) testing.
· Ability to work with engineers and follow engineering directions and instructions.
· Experience in reading electrical schematics and being able to build to those schematics.
· Experience in reading and executing test plans.
· Expert in Hand tools and handheld measurement devices such as DMMs for building and troubleshooting.
· Experience working with multidisciplinary groups.
· Experience working in a fast lab environment.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.