Sr. Manager, Field Engagement
Irvine, CA /
Commercial – Customer Experience /
Customer Experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful moments that our customers will love. We strive to understand and predict our customers’ needs, behaviors, and emotions, leveraging these insights to inform the design of compelling experiences across each and every touchpoint throughout their journey with Rivian.
Rivian events and experiential activations will play an increasingly significant role in raising awareness for the brand, driving growth, and building community as we near the start of production and move beyond, continuously growing our audience of passionate customers and fans. As the Sr. Manager, Field Engagement, you’ll strategically plan, architect, and produce scalable events and experiences that create meaningful engagement and bring the Rivian brand to life for prospective owners and the Rivian community at a regional and local level. Through these activations, you’ll drive new customer acquisition, build community, bolster customer loyalty, and stimulate traffic to Rivian’s physical spaces.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop a Field Engagement strategy that delivers compelling local and regional experiences throughout the customer lifecycle
- For regional and local events and experiences outside of Retail, own the budget, all on-site production, vendor procurement and management, event scheduling, catering, staffing, and overall event management
- Develop strategy, tools, and guidelines to empower Retail team to be self-sufficient in producing retail events and activations that regularly engage the local community and drive growth
- Plan and produce all regional and local test drive pop-ups, test drive events, product awareness initiatives, loyalty events, community engagement events, and driving experiences
- Closely collaborate with Rivian’s Commercial Operations, Brand, Concept Design, Commercial Technology, and Retail teams to bring local and regional events and experiences to life
- Develop and implement tools and initiatives for capturing new leads at events and managing data integration with Rivian’s CRM system
- Manage all post-event analysis, budget reconciliation, and reporting
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- A customer-centric approach to everything you do with the ability translate customer insights into compelling consumer experiences
- A passion for people, community, and the compelling nature of a well-designed tactile experience
- Ability to translate high level brand values through compelling consumer experiences with acute attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage constantly evolving priorities and workflow, handling multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to deadlines and budgets
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and proven track record of highly effective collaboration
- Strong leadership skills with proven track record of operational excellence
- Comfort and confidence operating in a rapidly evolving environment
- Extensive experience managing driving events and automotive driving experiences
- Strong negotiation skills
- 8+ years of experience in Experiential Marketing, Events, or similar disciplines
- A deep desire to make the world a better place
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.