Regulatory Labels Engineer
Irvine, CA /
Legal, IP and Regulatory – Regulatory /
This is what you’ll do:
· Monitor label requirements across all applicable global regulations and interface with the design and engineering teams to ensure compliant execution.
· Define content and support design and placement of all safety and regulatory labels for global markets.
· Develop and maintain database of information to be dynamically printed on regulatory labels and work with PLM team to ensure the correct label data is populated for each vehicle variant.
· Manage the vehicle identification number (VIN) decoder and publish to regulators as required.
· Advise manufacturing team to ensure VINs are accurately generated and securely controlled.
· Audit application of labels and VINs on vehicles in production to ensure accurate printing
· Manage replacement of labels as needed to prevent or mitigate importation issues.
· Maintain Rivian Part Marking Standard to ensure robust traceability of safety and compliance critical parts.
This is what you’ll need:
· Minimum 2 years’ experience with regulatory labels.
· Experience working with other vehicle regulations preferred.
· Deep curiosity to understand the product, applicable regulations, and what additional labels may be appropriate.
· Understanding of regulatory requirements for non-European ECE markets strongly preferred.
· Experience with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite and Catia preferred.
· Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships across the Rivian organization as well as with government authorities.
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Plymouth, MI (Preferred)
At Rivian, we’re reimagining what mobility can be. Beyond redesigning the automobile, we’re rethinking the entire ecosystem. From excitement to sustainability, utility to comfort, we’re working to deliver joyful mobility experiences without the pain points of today.
Our diverse team shares an innate curiosity for the world, a willingness to see things differently, and a passion for getting things done. We never stand still in our pursuit of progress, and we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to accelerate our vision toward future mobility.
Rivian has development centers in the Detroit area, San Jose, Irvine, and the UK, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois. The development of our first set of products is well underway, with the alpha prototypes complete and testing in process.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.