Injection Manufacturing Engineer
Normal, IL /
Operations – Manufacturing Stamping Shop /
This is what you’ll do:
· Assist Tooling Engineers in mold design reviews ensuring plant requirements are met and represented in tooling designs
· Assist Tooling Engineers in preparing buyoff packages to ensure successful homeline runoff in plant
· Work with tooling engineers and mold maker support to make changes to tooling to meet quality, and productivity related targets
· Lead homeline runoff activity from first mold set through PPAP working closely with production, T&D, tool source shops, and Tooling Engineers
· Work closely with General Assembly teams to ensure downstream quality needs are met
· Prepare control plans, PFMEAS, work instructions, and setup sheets to support production for Job 1 activity
· Work closely with Production Control, Quality, Plastics Production, and downstream customers to ensure all Rivian Quality and productivity targets are met
· Ability to forecast future plant activity including press load, space requirements, outsourcing plans, and equipment requirements / upgrades
· Assist with process layout for sub assembly process including clips, screws, and harnesses
This is what you’ll need:
· Knowledge of automotive design and development process
· Strong process skills are a must
· Strong excel skills are a must
· Experience with CAD, Catia, Enovia, SMIRT, Argus, Polyworks, JIRA are a plus
· Individual must be organized
· This is someone who is comfortable on the shop floor as the role will have substantial follow through on the plant floor
· Degree in Engineering or related field or 5 years’ experience in Plastics injection molding
· Experience with new model launch
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Manufacturing Stamping Shop
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.