Carson, CA /
Propulsion – Electric Power Conversion /
This is what you’ll do:
· Set up and run development and validation tests (thermal, vibration, humidity, corrosion, electrical performance) on High Voltage Power Electronic components.
· Provide direction to lab personnel (both in house and at outside test labs) setting up and executing environmental tests.
· Document test results and provide test reports.
· Support technical root cause and resolution of issues found during test
· Select and install instrumentation needed to collect response data from the test item during testing (accelerometers, strain gauges, pressure gauges, thermocouples, voltage sense leads, etc.)
· Utilize standard test equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, multimeters and flowmeters with no direction.
· Fabricate special test equipment supporting development and validation testing.
· Design and fabricate simple mechanical fixtures and jigs.
· Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
This is what you’ll need:
· Technical degree in electronics or mechanics.
· 3+ years of experience with environmental validation testing
· 3+ years of experience fabricating special electronic test equipment and test harnesses.
· Experience working with high voltage and an understanding of high voltage safety practices.
· Experience using common machine shop equipment
· High level of soldering skill.
· Understand how to read electrical schematics and use manufacturers’ product data sheets.
· High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
· Willing to work flexible hours and passionate about getting jobs done.
· Ability to support testing at outside testing facilities.
· Hands-on approach: Proactively identifies and fills in gaps where needed.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Electric Power Conversion
Location: Carson, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.