Team Leader - Final Assembly
Normal, IL /
Operations – Manufacturing Final Assembly /
This is what you’ll do:
· Promote team member understanding of company vision and goals.
· Actively supports management in the planning and execution of the launch, ramp ups, and production.
· Supports planning, control, training, coordination, and technical support within assigned team.
· Assist in generating standard operation sheets, material data sheets, and other workstation documentation.
· Encourages team members to achieve production targets in all ways including time, quality, and manufacturing processes.
· Utilize a variety of training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools, and practices to ensure maximum learning effectiveness.
· Will fill in on the floor as needed to cover absenteeism and achieve production rates.
· Lead continuous improvement activities as needed.
This is what you’ll need:
· Team leadership experience preferred.
· Product and industry knowledge.
· Very strong communication skills.
· Organizational and time management skills.
· Technical expert of equipment in functional area.
· Remains flexible and responsive to changing conditions.
· High school diploma or GED preferred.
· In depth knowledge of manufacturing environment and processes.
· Degree or training in team leading/management is a plus.
· Experience of working and managing a team during production is highly favored.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Manufacturing Battery Shop
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.