Lead Interior Core Engineer
Irvine, CA /
Body & Interior Engineering – Interiors /
At Rivian, we’re reimagining what mobility can be. Beyond redesigning the automobile, we’re rethinking the entire ecosystem. From excitement to sustainability, utility to comfort, we’re working to deliver joyful mobility experiences without the pain points of today.
Our diverse team shares an innate curiosity for the world, a willingness to see things differently, and a passion for getting things done. We never stand still in our pursuit of progress, and we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to accelerate our vision toward future mobility.
Rivian has development centers in Detroit, Los Angeles and San Francisco, as well as a production facility in Normal, Illinois, where our manufacturing operations will be based. The development of our first set of products is well underway, with the alpha prototypes complete and testing in process.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Develop and manage comprehensive requirements lifecycle development plan from development through final certification.
· Establish requirement flow-down process and structure to ensure clear top-down and bottom-up traceability from the individual component level to the vehicle functional requirements.
· Work closely with both hardware and software development engineers to ensure proper capture of relevant requirement validation artifacts and associated attributes.
· Formulate and allocate requirements from the feature functional level to the individual components.
· Establish linking rules and attribute types to ensure rapid review of requirement development status.
· Serve as interface between other technical functional domains and the Interiors engineering group to ensure proper vehicle level quality and integration is met.
· Help create and manage peer review process to support closure of major project milestones.
· Work with the development engineers to formulate, conduct, and capture validation tests at various levels.
· Participate in design reviews, FMEAs, HARAs.
· Help manage and moderate requirement reviews.
· Participate in requirement reviews.
· Create and manage requirement change request process.
· Ensure proper flow-down and follow-through of requirements assigned to potential suppliers.
· Participate in process audits and comply with Functional Safety (ISO 26262) requirements.
· Participate in requirements management, quality management, and change management tool selection and development.
· Develop and manage vehicle system validation plans for all interior systems.
· Establish criteria required to demonstrate requirements are being met (e.g. sample size, statistical, attribute vs. variable, etc.)
· Research and benchmark interior system validation tests that do not currently exist in the Rivian portfolio but are necessary for target vehicle performance.
· Insure plan updates are made when new requirements are established, or new design controls evolve from DFMEA reviews.
· Work with outside testing vendors to quote and source validation testing according to program budget.
· Manage outside testing vendors to plan testing according to part availability and required completion date.
· Review test procedures with testing vendor to insure requirements are being met.
· View validation testing as necessary and practical, especially new or unique tests.
· Assist in troubleshooting issues found during validation testing. Work with development engineers to resolve and document issues.
· Receive and catalogue outside test vendor reports according to record retention policy.
· Prepare and publish Rivian test reports and archive according to record retention policy.
· Collect and review full-service-supplier validation test reports and DVP&R documentation for sub-system sign-off as appropriate.
· Insure certification tests and reports are managed correctly and published according to certification and compliance groups instructions.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· B.S. or higher in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
· 8+ years of experience in automotive requirements and/or validation
· Experience with statistical methods to establish and assess reliability and confidence requirements for validation test results.
· Ability to self-direct and adapt quickly to program changes
· Working knowledge of regulatory and certification requirements
· Proficiency with standard Microsoft Office software and use of database software
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.