Sr. Embedded Firmware Engineer, Stationary Storage
Irvine, CA /
Propulsion – Stationary Storage /
This is what you’ll do:
· Be the embedded firmware owner for a stationary energy storage monitoring & analysis platform
· Develop embedded C code and debug at the hardware level
· Understand application level code and translate into embedded code for the target platform
· Deploy real-time operating systems (RTOS) and optimize memory management, timers, tasks and threads
· Work on device drivers and interfaces that are commonly used such as SPI and bus standards such as CAN/LIN and Modbus RTU and TCP/IP
· Evaluate and select embedded microprocessors based on requirements
· Work with software engineers and embedded hardware engineers to clearly define performance boundaries and expectations
· Build test scripts for automated code testing using scripting languages such as Python/Perl/Unix shell
This is what you’ll need:
· Embedded software development experience
· Experience with real-time operating systems
· Experience writing device drivers for embedded platforms
· Experience with bug tracking tools such as Jira and requirements management tools such as Jama
· Experience developing test plans and developing automated testing for embedded software
· Experience designing according to a new product introduction process that includes design reviews, lifecycle management (Enovia PLM preferred), FMEAs and defined milestones
· Experience with battery energy storage systems is desired
· Experience with successful large-scale commercialization of an embedded product and post-launch product support is desired
· 10+ years industry experience
· At least a Bachelors degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Stationary Energy Storage
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.