Building Maintenance Manager, NA-West, Facilities
Irvine, CA /
Facilities – Facilities /
The Building Maintenance Manager will be responsible for managing all repair and maintenance for NA-West Facilities. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to build a maintenance program from the ground up and implement across multiple facilities. The Building Maintenance Manager will report directly to the Sr. Workplace Operations Manager, North America - West Facilities.
This is what you'll need:
- Develop and implement proactive maintenance program
- Manage day to day building maintenance tasks
- Respond to facility operation emergencies [power outage, pipe burst, thermal event, etc].
- Schedule and oversee maintenance for multiple facilities
- Use data analysis to help prepare and prevent future problems
- Present monthly maintenance reports
- Manage budget and forecasting
- Partner with the Environmental Health and Safety team to ensure facilities are code compliant
- Train and supervise technicians to provide onsite support
- Onboard and maintain vendor relationships
This what you'll need:
- 5+ years of facility maintenance
- Previous people management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Analytical and problem solving mindset
- Proven superior attention to detail
- Self-starter who is goal oriented, highly motivated and excels in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 30% of each month, likely Monday – Wednesdays
We Are Rivian
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.