Senior Systems Integration Engineer
Palo Alto, CA /
Engineering and Programs – System Integration /
This is what you’ll do:
Work with software teams to design and develop an automated test framework that shall:
- Automatically build and deploy software to various platforms
- Run tests from unit level all the way to lab car and static bucks
- Handle multiple software configurations
- Integrate with requirements specification and test reporting tools
· Develop AUTOSAR Basic Software (BSW) that shall be deployed on multiple hardware configurations
· Support development and integration of complex and distributed systems by
- Supporting technical review meetings
- Develop testing methodologies
- Leading discussions to test, bug fix and optimize functions
· Support system testing activities on the following levels:
- Unit Test
- Hardware in the Loop (HIL)
- Lab Car/Static Bucks
- Dynamic Buck
This is what you’ll need:
· A degree in either Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering
· 5+ years of experience in vehicle and system development
· 5+ years of experience with embedded and Linux software development using C/C++.
· 5+ years of experience with build, deployment and test tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory and Docker
· 5+ years of experience with scripting languages including Python and/or Shell, preference given to candidates with experience in database access using REST API
· Ability to take large concepts, decompose into realizable deliverables and work with team members to distribute tasks and execute individual responsibilities with minimal guidance
· Ability to thrive under pressure and time constraints, apply creative and critically thinking to deliver exceptional results
This is where you’ll work:
Department: System Integration
Location: San Jose, CA
We Are Rivian
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.