Sr. Power Control Engineer
Carson, CA /
Propulsion – Electric Power Conversion /
This is what you’ll do:
· Develop state-of-the-art control algorithms for variety of high frequency power electronics converters for stationary and vehicle applications
· Define subsystem- and system-level tests to characterize parametric specifications for power converter controls features
· Lead development of the Hardware-In-the-Loop (HIL) system for power converter controls and software verification testing
· Support algorithm testing in the power electronics lab
· Work in a collaborative environment with the electrical and software engineering teams to make sure the required performance of the power converters across the operating range is met
This is what you’ll need:
· MSc in applicable engineering field
· 5+ years’ experience in embedded controls for power electronics applications
· Extensive programming experience in C/C++ and capability of delivering high-quality C code in an embedded microcontroller environment
· Experience with power electronics control validation efforts at different test levels (SIL/HIL/Component)
· Understanding of the high frequency power electronics principle of operations
· Intimate knowledge of Matlab, Simulink, and PLECS
· Proven ability to develop innovative solutions in the field of power electronics controls
· Familiarity with power electronics hardware prototype testing, electrical measurements, and debugging of controls algorithms
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Electric Power Conversion
Location: Carson, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.