PCBA Rework Technician
Palo Alto, CA /
IT and Technology – Electrical Hardware /
This is what you’ll do:
- Harness Build and Rework – Using your expertise in harnessing, you will aide our engineering teams in building and integrating harnesses into engineering assets. You will work with engineering teams to identify electro-mechanical issues, root cause problems, and implement fixes into the harness
- Component Integration and Troubleshooting – You will integrate and install mechanical and electrical components on different engineering assets. You will build test assets for electronic modules to aide in component level troubleshooting on a vehicle. You will help run electrical tests and come up with creative fixes once problems arise
- Engineering Asset Ownership – You will help maintain the electrical lab as well as maintain the configuration of engineering assets (bucks, prototype vehicles, etc). You will be responsible for making sure that our engineering assets are functioning and properly maintained
- Vehicle Level Troubleshooting - You will be aiding the bring up of electrical systems for all phases of development vehicles as well as static buck builds. You will be helping engineering teams bring up components on systems on the bench and vehicle. You will use your experience and expertise to be the front line to troubleshoot, diagnose, document, and repair electrical problems that may arise with the vehicle
This is what you’ll need:
- 4+ years’ experience in detailed rapid development and integration of harnessing and electrical components in vehicles
- Extensive Experience building and reworking harnessing
- Expert in reading harness schematics and being able to build to those schematics
- Experience reading and executing test plans
- Expert in hand tools and hand-held meters for build and troubleshooting
- Experience working with multidisciplinary groups
- Experience working in a fast lab environment
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Electrical Engineering
Location: San Jose, CA & Irvine, CA
We Are Rivian
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.