Normal, IL /
Quality – Quality /
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Quality Inspector is responsible for:
· Maintain a high-quality relationship with the manufacturing team they are supporting
· Support manufacturing Built in Quality initiative by providing a last line of defense inspection of the product for their area
· Execute product and process validation / inspection plans
· Identify and contain suspect defective material
· Have the potential to utilize advanced metrology equipment to control processes and identify defects
· Inspect, test or measure components, products and materials being produced.
· Initiate and participate in quality related continuous improvement (Kaizen) projects
· Develop, maintain, and improve the quality culture within responsible area
· May perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Manufacturing/assembly/quality process and/or automotive repair and/or mechanical experience (+2 years preferred)
• High volume of manufacturing experience
• Problem solving experience
• Metrology equipment experience
• Kaizen / continuous improvement process experience
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of statistical process control / control charts
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.