Manufacturing Engineer(Sr, Staff, MGR) - Construction Engineering (Electrical, Structural etc)
Palo Alto, CA /
Manufacturing Engineering – Manufacturing Engineering /
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
· Lead and manage development of full construction design (CD) packages from feasibility studies to city permit sets for large scale facility, building and infrastructure projects. Responsible for delivering high quality, detailed engineering designs that are very efficient in terms of both capital and operational costs.
· Provide technical expertise and resolve engineering issues identified during construction. This includes responding to submittals and RFI’s.
· Identify, assess capabilities and assist with consultant selection where needed. Provide direction and manage engineering consultants – Accountable for the quality and timeliness of consultant’s work
· Develop efficient standards and processes as a foundation for how the Construction Engineering team operates – expectation is to provide detail and precision in the design phase to identify and resolve issues ahead of construction.
· Ensure design compliance with applicable standards, policies, acts, regulations and codes.
· Directly lead and mentor engineers. Foster an environment where individuals flourish.
· Solve technically complex problems using fundamental, data driven methodologies.
· Lead research and development activities for new methods of construction
· Partner with and manage expectations between cross functional teams to ensure stakeholder engagement and satisfaction with the engineering solutions delivered.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
· Bachelor of Engineering or a related discipline
· 5+ years extensive engineering experience in a construction environment
· Detailed knowledge and experience in developing Construction Design packages
· Ability to follow general guidance
· Extraordinary communication skills, both verbal and written
· Ability to travel domestically as required
· Proficient in working with industry software packages
Additional preferred requirements
· Master’s degree in the related discipline
· Licensed Professional Engineer (strongly preferred)
· 1+ year extensive experience in a high tech, non-construction, industry to ensure that fresh ideas are brought in
· Proven success in managing onsite construction teams
· Involved in all phases of projects (e.g. schematic design, design development, construction document, and construction administration)
· Experience in retrofit and rehabilitation projects
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Construction Engineering
Location: Palo Alto
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and Palo Alto, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.