EHS - Waste and Sustainability Coordinator
Normal, IL /
Operations – HR and EHS /
This is what you’ll do:
· Operation of Fork Lift, tugger and/or pallet jack to transport drummed and palleted waste
· Organization of storage areas, both line side and waste storage.
· Packaging and labeling of containers in preparation for shipments.
· Conduct inspections and report findings to supervision
· Maintain waste tracking data using log sheets and/or software.
· Demonstrate proactive leadership on the job, including communicating regulatory requirements to team members.
· Identify environmental, health and safety issues, resolve minor EHS issues and notify supervisor of significant issues.
· Assist with the development of job task hazard analysis, personal protective equipment analysis, and standard operating procedures.
· Conduct and participate in Environmental audits.
· Communicate results and recommendations
· Participate in incident investigations and the corrective action process.
· Work within state and federal regulations, corporate standards, policies and procedures to ensure compliance
· Help with administrative duties as needed
· Other duties as assigned
This is what you’ll need:
· Minimum High School Diploma or GED, Associates Degree or better, preferred.
· Material Handling experience is beneficial.
· Knowledge of Chemistry and/or Hazardous Material Handling.
· Ability to understand and properly implement Federal and State Regulations.
· Basic understanding of Microsoft Office products; including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
This is where you’ll work:
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.