Director IT - HR and Corporate Services
Palo Alto, CA /
IT and Technology – IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications /
This is what you’ll do:
· Strategize and deliver IT solutions for People Partner team (HR) portfolio of the company in collaboration with respective functional team(s),. Be flexible to lead other Corporate Services IT portfolio.
· Gather, synthesize, and translate business problems to IT requirements and develop respective solutions
· Develop business and technical architectures for the portfolio to be in alignment with the enterprise architecture principles & vision. Contribute to the development of broader enterprise architecture.
· Be accountable for customer satisfaction and delivery metrics of the portfolio
· Build and lead a high performing team to deliver best in class IT solutions for People Partner team (HR) portfolio
· Develop and be accountable for critical vendor partnerships needed for success
· Ensure compliance to key regulatory, security and organizational policies and procedures
· Collaborate and deliver to the business continuity and disaster recovery goals of the portfolio
· Manage financials for achieving lowest TCO for the portfolio
· Engage, collaborate, and communicate effectively with variety of stakeholders to deliver the business value
· Define and establish right size processes to enable productive use of resources
This is what you’ll need:
· Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization progressing forward (“not just motion”)
· Cultivates Innovation – Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful. Must have experience working in Agile team environment.
· Drives Results – Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
· Manages Conflict – Handles conflict situations effectively, with a win win mindset
· Attracts & Manages top talent – Attracts, selects, and motivates best talent to meet current and future needs of the organization. Builds a high performing team.
· Communicates effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear message to different audiences. Fosters open communication with all stakeholders.
· Portfolio Management – Plans, prioritizes, sequences, and manages portfolio of work to maximize delivery of business value
· Technical Acumen – Pursues continuous learning and application of technologies to achieve desired business, architectural, and productivity outcomes. Must have experience with HRIS platform, preferably Workday, and ecosystem of tools/solutions that span the entire human resource IT portfolio. Must have understanding of analytics needs for the HR portfolio. Knowledge of architectures spanning the entire stack including network, storage, virtualization, data, application, & security layers. Working knowledge of configurations for HR portfolio solutions.
· Strategic mindset – Able to think far enough into the future while ensuring near term execution is a glide path into the future vision
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Irvine, CA or Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.