Normal, IL /
Quality – Quality /
This is what you will do:
· Maintain sensitive metrology equipment to insure performance of the devices
· Operate non-contact laser scanning equipment effectively in order to control processes or to assist with problem solving
· Utilize advanced metrology equipment to control processes and solve problems
· Support manufacturing team equipment and process capability analysis
· Execute product and process validation / inspection plans
· Assist in performing and teaching all processes and assignments within the department, with the ability to fill in as needed
· Identify and contain suspect defective material
· Inspect, test or measure components, products and materials being produced. Report inspection and test data.
· Continually work to control and improve manufacturing processes performance
· Responsible to participate in quality related continuous improvement (Kaizen) projects
· Develop, maintain, and improve the quality culture within responsible area
· May perform other duties as assigned
This is what you will need:
• Manufacturing, assembly, quality, or testing experience
• Metrology (measurement) equipment experience (preferred non-contact laser scanning)
• Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
• 3+ years of high-volume manufacturing or quality experience (or)
• A combination of education and experience
• Problem solving experience
• Computer skills: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, email – ability to manage files and records effectively
Nice to Have Qualifications
• Statistical process control / control charts
• Welding, fabrication, metal working, or weld inspection experience required
• Kaizen / continuous improvement process experience
• Good oral and written communication skills
Education And/or Experience
High School education or equivalent; 3+ years of manufacturing or quality experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Language, Mathematical, And/or Reasoning Ability
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment.
Provide support or knowledge to identify root cause and implement permanent countermeasures when necessary.
Basic understanding and knowledge of vehicle testing equipment, alignment equipment, wheel balancer, measuring calipers, torque wrenches, etc. – understanding torque and torque management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to travel (frequency), drive a motor vehicle, communicate using telephone and e-mail.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.