Vehicle Dynamics Systems Engineer - Brakes
Irvine, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Vehicle Dynamics /
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Connect vehicle level features and requirements to the Chassis, Powertrain and Controls Systems domains to create innovative solutions
· Own the flow and cascading of requirements and target setting for vehicle level features in the design phase as well as the activities and planning required for validation of those features in the build/testing phase for each vehicle program
· Provide input on future program direction using systems engineering tools such as multi-dimensional impact analyses
· Work cross-functionally with other system domains to deliver complex distributed functions, such as regenerative braking
· Work directly with Chassis/ Powertrain Hardware and Software engineers to design, develop, implement, and test integrated Chassis/Powertrain Systems
· Develop system and component level requirements/targets and test for the brake actuation/ foundation system
· Support Functional Safety concept definition and implementation
· Work at all levels of the V-model to ensure system delivery
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
· Knowledge of Chassis/Powertrain mechatronic systems
· Experience in supporting a vehicle program from concept to production
· Working understanding of vehicle networks (CAN)
· Strong DFMEA/DVPR knowledgebase
· An understanding of the ISO26262 process
· Systems engineering experience, specifically the automotive development processes using the V-cycle
· Collaborate with larger teams of peer designers, engineers, functional teams
· Strong communication skills, including written and verbal
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Vehicle Dynamics
Location: Irvine, CA
At Rivian, we’re reimagining what mobility can be. Beyond redesigning the automobile, we’re rethinking the entire ecosystem. From excitement to sustainability, utility to comfort, we’re working to deliver joyful mobility experiences without the pain points of today.
Our diverse team shares an innate curiosity for the world, a willingness to see things differently, and a passion for getting things done. We never stand still in our pursuit of progress, and we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to accelerate our vision toward future mobility.
Rivian has development centers in the Detroit area, San Jose, Irvine, and the UK, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois. The development of our first set of products is well underway, with the alpha prototypes complete and testing in process.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.