Sr. Service Tool Engineer
Irvine, CA /
Service Operations – Service /
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
· Design, maintain & implement service tooling across the Rivian Service Organization
· Collaborate with strategic partners to support all service providers
· Lead validation of new tools with the Service Lab, Service training, and Technical Publications team
· Support the service tooling program across the Rivian Service Organization
· Inform service tool content in all service manuals for the technical publications
· Support improvement and validation of repair procedures for accuracy (process, labor times, safety, etc.)
· Support the improvement of efficiency in service procedures without compromising quality and safety of the repair
· Support all validation of special service tools prior to implementation to the field
· Support tooling for campaigns and containment initiatives
· Support tooling cost analyst impact on different serviceability methods and processes
· Provide ad hoc service support to the field to support the Service organization
· Support and proactively collaborate with Service Operations, Field Service, Technical Publications, Service Parts, and Service Training teams.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
· 7+ years of automotive experience
· BA in Business management, BS in engineering or equivalent
· Experience managing a program from beginning to end
· Purchasing Experience/Supplier Management experience
· Experience creating and maintaining product specification
· Experience negotiating contracts
· Ability to travel as needed
· Experience working in start-up environments
· Knowledge of commercial automotive tools and equipment
· Knowledge of EV Powertrains and HV systems
· Strong written and communications skills
· Strong organization skills with attention to detail
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Service Engineering
Location: Irvine, CA
We Are Rivian
· Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
· We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
· Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
· Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
· Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.