Senior Technical Safety Manager - Autonomous Safety
Palo Alto, CA /
Engineering and Programs – Vehicle Systems /
As Senior Technical Safety Manager – Autonomous Safety, you will be responsible for leading Rivian’s autonomous safety activities in developing autonomous platforms in accordance to SAE (J3016) AutomationL2->L4.
This is what you'll do:
- Developing internal processes at Rivian based on the PAS 21448 (SOTIF) and UL4600 standard.
- Work with the ADAS team in developing SOTIF activities on current and future platforms.
- Define quantitative autonomous vehicle metrics to measure capabilities of Rivian’s autonomous stack.
- Support definition of autonomous safety within a simulated environment.
- Develop processes to describe safety readiness and capabilities of Rivian’s autonomous stack.
- Support the systems safety analysis of integrated sensors and compute architecture.
- Support architecture development to derive fault tolerant systems.
- Represent Rivian on key autonomous committees and working groups.
- Support defining Rivian’s Safety portfolio
- Identify and adopt non-automotive safety standards supporting Rivian’s safety portfolio
- Develop a comprehensive subset of practices/analyzes methodologies to be integrated into Rivian’s safety portfolio
This is what you'll need:
- Degree education in Electrical/Electronic or Mechanical (or similar)
- Over 5 years of experience within the automotive industry, ideally OEM, Tier 1 or AV company working specifically on ADAS safety
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with a high level of integrity
- Experience working within a cross-functional team leading indirect reports
- Proven knowledge of safety standards and experience applying within an OEM, Tier 1 or AV company
- Good working knowledge of vehicle system functionality and electro/mechanical control strategy
- Ability to report to senior management and report accurate information in a clear and concise manner
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.