Sr. Manager, Global Roadside Operations
Palo Alto, CA /
Service Operations – Service /
This Is What You'll Do
As the Sr. Manager, Global Roadside Operations, you will be responsible for ongoing development and deployment of essential vehicle service offerings in a dynamic environment.
Includes but not limited to:
● Strategic introduction of roadside assistance partners for all Rivian vehicles across diverse markets. You will work cross functionally to assess, select, onboard, and manage partners. Key partners to collaborate with throughout this process include Corporate Strategy, Service Operations (field operations, mobile service, service engineering, service parts, programs), Customer Service, and Digital Commerce
● Partner with Digital Commerce team for the development of dynamic roadside workflows
● Collaborate with various teams on internal service operations dispatch engine development as related to roadside operations and remote service center workflows
● As it relates to roadside assistance – work cross functionally to facilitate capture and flow of data, enabling closed loop strategy with service operations and opportunities for continuous improvement
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
● Proven excellence in launching and managing roadside assistance partners and internal programs
● In depth understanding and track record of excellence in scaling businesses and operations
● 10+ years automotive aftersales experience, focusing in operations
● MBA or equivalent experience
● EV and startup experience advantageous
● An innovative, customer-centric mindset and approach
● Experience in leading teams in an automotive or high-tech environment
● Proven success in driving service requirements in a complex environment
● Experience managing a global organization and manage multiple projects across varying geographic locations simultaneously
● Knowledge of engineering and operations within job-related area
● Process design experience, with proven ability to understand, document, and transform complex processes
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Service Operations
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Starting from a clean sheet has allowed us to learn from and leverage what’s been done in the past while giving us the freedom to reimagine mobility from the ground up. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways.
We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done — thoughtfully and sustainably. Science and invention depend on our innate curiosity and desire to explore the unknown.
Our development centers are located in Plymouth, MI, San Jose, CA, Irvine, CA and Surrey, England. In addition to these four locations, we have a modern manufacturing facility in Normal, IL and will begin production of our R1T and R1S in 2020.
The Adventure Is Just Beginning
Doing something different is never easy. It requires courage, optimism and grit. Core to delivering on our vision is building a team of curious individuals, determined to make a positive impact on the world. This means challenging ourselves, stretching beyond the bounds of conventional thinking, reframing old problems, seeking new solutions and operating comfortably in a space of uncertainty.
Our team has a diverse set of backgrounds— but at heart, we are adventurers on a mission to move the world in a new direction. We’re currently looking for thinkers and doers with a strong sense of adventure to join us on this journey.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.