Retail Flagship Manager
Los Angeles, CA /
Commercial – Retail /
Rivian is seeking a seasoned retail leader who desires the challenge of a new business and the excitement of building something from the ground up. You will oversee all aspects of sales, operations and customer experience at the retail location, while ensuring performance goals are met. Rivian retail experiences serve as a hub for the Rivian community and you will act as an ambassador for the brand; networking and building deep connections and relationships with the community, creating a platform for the voice of our shared values. You will lead by example and inspire your team to live Rivian’s mission.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Ensure that the Rivian retail customer experience is best-in-class: authentic, engaging, educational and aligned with Rivian’s core values and culture.
- Build a strong workplace culture focused on employee development, guest experience and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with the Retail, Customer Experience and Community teams to plan and execute events; program strategies that drive brand awareness, store traffic, product education and conversion
- Track and report on business trends across neighborhood cohorts to better inform the business
- Own and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), ensuring the retail team is invested in the related company-wide strategic and brand objectives
- Collect, organize and analyze data in order to create impactful business reviews that highlight our retail (KPI’s) and measures of success
- Meet or exceed financial plan, including revenue plan, payroll budget, and overall store P&L
- Uphold the operational framework, best practices, and playbooks to deliver the best experience possible to our customers and team
- Uphold the processes that allow retail associates to seamlessly move a customer through the ownership funnel with the help of the digital commerce platform and CRM tools (including accessories and branded merchandise sales)
- Supervise retail staff, including hiring, training, mentoring, coaching, and evaluating performance
- Manage the staffing model, including scheduling, shift patterns and the number of staff required to meet demand / traffic, in order to maximize efficiency and deliver a best-in-class guest experience
- Support various community events, store openings, remodels, pop-ups and special events as needed
- Manage and maintain compliance with all local, state and federal regulations as well as Rivian company policy and procedures
- Relentlessly uphold visual merchandising and retail presentation standards
- Keep a pulse on the local market to ensure marketing plans, visuals and the product assortment are in line with customer needs and trends.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 5+ years in retail management, experiential/brand marketing, or similar fields, preferably in a Direct to Consumer business model
- An obsessive approach to elevating the customer experience and commitment to taking every opportunity to over-deliver when it comes to delighting and interacting with our community
- Posses an entrepreneurial mindset and apply a scrappy and resourceful approach to everything you do. Solve problems and overcome challenges with creativity and ingenuity.
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, evenings and holidays with willingness to travel to various retail locations when required
- Extensive experience with P&L, POS & CRM
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, solicit cooperation, and achieve results through collaboration while managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. Outstanding verbal and written communication
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
- Department: Retail
- Location: Venice Beach, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract. As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.